HEY. GUESS WHAT? The 90s are back. If you were a 90s kid, you will definitely remember these things.
- Johnny Bravo, That’s SO Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Dexter’s Laboratory, Ed, Edd N Eddy – Everyone who lived through the 90s remembers these epic shows, as they were staples to all children’s lives. This was before Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and Nickelodeon sold their souls to Satan.
- Lisa Frank – Typical 90s staple to every girl’s lifestyle. Every young girl wanted everything Lisa Frank, from school supplies to stickers. Lisa Frank is now making an epic comeback, premiering a new line of inspired clothing. Just recently, the company released a new makeup palette as well. Lisa Frank inspires us to remember that there ain’t nothing wrong with unicorns, rainbows, and magic in your life.
- Chokers – Especially, the black retro stretchy chokers, that came in every color, and that was a staple in every girl’s outfit. The colors were endless, and the more chokers you had, the cooler you were. The comeback of the choker is so real. It’s as if we never outgrew them to begin with.
- Scrunchies – Hair staple. That’s it. Wear one with a half-up bun or ponytail, who cares! They work great as arm candy as well.
- Platform Shoes – As if the Spice Girls did not do them justice, platform shoes are a staple in every girl’s wardrobe today. They are comfortable, cool, and chic. They also add a little height to those needing a few extra inches.
- Butterfly clips – Oh yes, this one is an unforgettable one. Style you hair up or down with these babies, and color ain’t a thang with this old timer trend. All the cool chicks had all the flyest colors.
- Jelly Shoes – The sandals that were not quite sandals. Uncomfortable, useless, pieces of plastic that are somehow so cool at the same time. They get your feet smelling all weird, yet we still have a place in our hearts for them. Growing up, owning at least one pair of jellies was an essential.
- Denim on Denim- Distressed or undistressed, denim on denim has made it’s epic comeback. Denim on denim is the new black, and it’s one of those trends you did not see ever making a comeback. But, hey! I still remember Britney Spear’s and Justin Timberlake’s denim on denim disaster on the red carpet, but I still have faith that it’s a trend that most people can pull off.
- Crop tops – Keep those cropped tops cropped, because this trend is never leaving. The more cropped the better, am I right, ladies? Britney and Christina Aguilera were the queens of crop tops, always rocking them on the Red Carpet, and now they’ve become an essential during our summer days.
- Boy Bands – OneDirection, The Jonas Brothers, etc. have tried to make boy bands a thing, but haven’t been as successful as our favorite boybands, NYSYNC and The Backstreet Boys. The effort is there, but the boybands of the 90s were epic and will always hold a place in our hearts. No one can replace the mark they left in our hearts. This is one of the only trends that should not make a comeback, and just stay a thing of the 90s.
The 90s were epic, and if you were doing it right, then you will definitely remember how epic things were back when everything was simple.xo,