Hats are always in season year-round, however, the styles of hats that are on trend are always changing with the seasons.
This year, we have seen a rise of a variety of different styles of headwear that infiltrated the fashion industry, including floppy hats, wide-brimmed hats, and baseball caps to name a few.
With the temperatures slowly take a dive for the cold, a whole set of styles of hats have become popular accessories for both streetwalkers and celebrities, alike. To stay fashion-forward and on-trend, start accessorizing your outfits with these new styles of hats.
This year’s round of hats are so fun, unique, fashion-forward, and almost artistic and I am so excited to experiment with them this season.
Now, hat days can be more fashion-forward and may not be a bad thing. In fact, I hope for more hat days this season.
- Beret Hats – Ever want to feel like you are in Paris, France? Well, you can emulate your French side this season, by experimenting with berets. The french hat very recently caught the attention of the fashion industry, as it is still a new and upcoming trend. Berets first appeared when they ruled Dior’s Haute Couture Fall 2017 fashion line, and celebrities and fashion icons hopped on the trend. Normally, these high fashion trends do not end up dominating the industry’s market, however, this haute couture trend has got everybody’s attention. Now, you can emulate a French vibe all winter-long, as many predict that it will become a major trend in 2018. Worried about looking like a tourist visiting France? No need to worry, there are many ways to master this accessory and incorporate it into your outfit. Berets are so versatile, as you can dress them up and dress them down. In addition, they come in so many different colors, styles, and fabrics that there are styles for everyone to try. Just think of your beret as just another accessory, or just another hat. Do not hesistate to experiment with berets, as it is a fun, chic headwear trend that may not be around too long, not to mention, it is a great way to spruce up your outfit. Retailers, such as Urban Outfitters, Free People, ASOS, etc., have berets available for purchase, in a variety of different styles. There is no shortage of berets! Expand the boundaries of your regular hat routine, and put your best beret forward.
- Fisherman Caps – Fisherman caps are another style of hats that have completely penetrated the fashion market, appearing in high-fashion runway shows to appearing in streetwalkers outfits. Similar to berets, fisherman caps are another unique style of hat that goes beyond the standard style of hats that are generally popular during the winter. Fisherman caps have an almost tomboy-style, but at the same time, are chic and fashion-forward. Similar to the beret, fisherman caps come in many different styles, colors, and fabrics that can cater to anyone’s specific style. While black is generally the favored colored of fisherman cap, there are a variety of colors available that are just as versatile as a black fisherman style cap. Additionally, fisherman caps can be dressed down and dressed up, making it another versatile hat to keep inside your closet. Streetwalkers and retailers everywhere have embraced the trend fully, and no one should miss out on the hype! If you are looking to purchase fisherman-style caps, check out Brixton! Brixton has come out on top this year, as they have become the front-runner and favored retailer for fisherman-style caps for both celebrities and streetwalkers.
- Beanies – Okay, we all cannot resist during the winter season to indulge in our beanie fix. We all need beanies in our life for the days when berets and fisherman caps seem like they are too much. Essentially, they are timeless. Knitwear is essential for the cold winter days, and actually keep your head warm, while berets and fisherman caps do not do as well of a job. Here are some fun beanies to spruce up your beanie collection this season.
- Ear Muffs – For those who are thinking about expanding beyond these headwear trends, do not be afraid to try some ear warmers to keep yourself warm. There is always a way to style ear muffs into your outfit, though it may seem bold. Sometimes, the weather drops so much and having alternative accessories to assist you in keeping you warm is never a bad thing. Ear muffs are secretly underrated and winter is the only time of the season to utilize this accessory.
- This winter holds many unique, artistic, and fashion-forward headwear trends that everyone should try. Berets, fisherman caps, beanies and ear muffs are a great way to spruce up your outfits, whether you are staying in or going out. They are also a great way to keep your head warm! These trends are so unique that “hat days” may become a regular thing for me, as I do not want to miss out on these trends! Make keeping your head warm a chic, fashion-forward thing. No longer is having a hat day a bad thing!! 🙏🏾