Music festival season is upon us, with Weekend 1 of Coachella to kickstart the festival season off just right.
This year’s appropriate festival wear includes:
- Two-Piece Matching Set Ensembles: Usually the matching set includes both a top and a bottom matching set, usually incorporating a crop-top and a dress, or a skirt. Ways to wear two-piece matching set ensembles include printed two-piece sets, velvet two-piece sets, bright vibrant color two-piece sets, and basic two-piece sets, to list off a few ways to sport this relevant trend.
Two-pieces are also usually light and airy, allowing you to be able to move, be comfortable, and dance your booty off. This trend is meant to bring elegance and comfort into one trend.
- Body Jewelry and Chains – Body chains have taken over the festival seen. You can wear them with just about anything from two-piece matching sets to crop tops, and high waisted shorts. They are a great way to accent your outfit and add an effortless, bohemian chic look to your outfit. You can see them sported at festivals everywhere, year-round.
- Sheer – Whether it’s sheer lace or a black sheer top, sheer is in. Sporting sheer tops with elegant or fun bandeaus or bralettes is the move this season. Light layering is a big key to festival attire, as the temperature of your own body and your environment may constantly change around you. It is light and airy, another big theme of this upcoming festival wear.
- Overalls – Denim, not denim, black, white, skirt, shorts, whatever! Overalls are in and are one of the biggest ways to make a statement, be fun, and be comfortable. This is much more of a minimalist, casual look, but with all the variety of overalls, there is certainly no shortage of ways to make this look more updated. Adding a belt, sporting it with a cute bralette or crop top is a great way to finish this look off.
- Bodysuits – There is an endless supply of bodysuits wherever you shop nowadays.
Whether you want them low-cut, deep-v, high-neck, etc. there’s most certainly a market for this very comfortable, cute trend. Bodysuits are basically the basics of festival attire, as they can be paired with virtually anything, including flowy pants, high-waisted bottoms, skirts, overalls, etc. They come in all varieties, just like plain white t-shirts do. They are timeless, easy to sport, and a definitive “yes” for this season.
- Sequins and glitter – These two are always in for festival season. Glitter and sequins allow you to interact with your inner child and channel some fun into your look. Face glitter, glitter roots, face jewelry…these trends are all in this festival season, as they’ve been around for forever. Sequins and glitter are a fun to dress up, or spruce your entire outfit up and can be a complete game changer. Play with glitter and sequins, and of all different colors to achieve a festive look this season.
- Fun buns – This season is centered around fun, practical trends that can be worn functionally at a festival, or a concert. Fun buns are always in, in my book. This season they are especially in. You can wear them in a half-up or wear full on two buns, for double the fun. This playful, flirty trend is a great way to make your whole outfit a little more unique, and the best part? Your hair stays out of your face!
- Braids – Incorporating french braids or simple braids to your outfit to finish off a look exudes a sporty look, which is in this season. Look out for braided hair, cornrows, fishtails, and french braids this season, as they are making appearances everywhere. Braids are functional, and similar to fun buns, keep your hair out of your face. For a more chic, effortless, sporty look, gravitate towards braids to complete your look.