TAKE CARE OF IT.
Wahoo! Let’s talk about self-care in detail a little bit here.
Ways to promote self-care:
- Exercise – Boost your levels of endorphin’s by channeling some exercise into your daily routine. Whether it is taking the stairs, walking to work, or intense cardio, exercise is one way to promote self-care. It will leave you feeling fresh and fine!! The more fitness, the happier the mind, soul, and body will be.
- Taking care of your outward appearance – This may sound contradictory, but the better you take care of yourself with showers, tooth brushing, etc., the better you will feel about your outward appearance. Do this not for anyone else, but yourself. If you dress better, and in something you feel comfortable in, you will spend less time pondering how to look and feel better.
- EAT. EAT. EAT. – You can always resort to eating foods that are better for you, and just by eating in general. Your body lives off of the food you feed it, so naturally, you should feel inclined to satisfy its’ needs. Try staying away from greasy foods, and try to stay natural. The better you eat, the better you will feel.
- Drink MORE water – Now, there’s no need to dehydrate yourself from drinking too much water, but drinking more water is always the key to feeling more energized, feeling more focused, and feeling better about yourself. Even try tea, because water sometimes gets boring. I would also recommend throwing some fruits or some veggies into your water to give it some flavor. Herbal tea is an excellent solution to water, as well. Most of your body is made up of water, so may as well hydrate, right?
- Finding proper stress-management techniques suited for your own unique self – This is more of a personal one. But, finding ways to combat your own anxiety and handle life as mentally prepared as you can, is difficult, but an important aspect of self-care. The goal of life is to be as de-stressed as possible, so make an effort to find ways to beat your stress in a positive way.